POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Grass tool demo picture : Re: Grass tool demo picture Server Time
12 Aug 2024 09:21:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Grass tool demo picture
From: Jeremy M  Praay
Date: 15 Sep 2003 13:32:04
Message: <3f65f794@news.povray.org>
What do you mean by "depth render"?

I think what you're saying is that you could create a height_field from the
isosurface, and then use that hightfield for reference in the grass-tool.
Is this correct?

The only way I would know of to do something like that is to create an
orthogonal camera view, and then use a gradient texture on the isosurface.
But without trying that, I'm not sure if it would work.  I'm assuming that
there must be an easier way.

--
Jeremy